Sunday, January 28, 2007

はじめましょら

すみません!is this thing on? *taps the microphone* Oh yes, hello world. i do not understand why it took me a half hour to type those characters...for some odd reason they kept converting to kanji then disappear whenever i placed the cursor beside them...strange, very strange.

i'm not exactly sure where to begin. whenever i master the art of typing hiragana, this blog will be filled with random and sometimes silly anecdotes (unless i'm in a foul mood, which is rare).

this weekend i thought it would be amusing to order japanese food in chinese, but much to my surprise the guy who placed my order at the restaurant (hayashi ya) spoke chinese! ha! i then proceeded to tell him: watashi no koronbia wa daigakusei desu (which i think i totally butchered because he laughed). that was the highlight of my weekend, coupled with countless hours of studying/reading. ah yes, i completely forgot that i spent time with friends which was great.


i suppose i'll continue with my studies however i am getting hungry. you know, using の and わ confuses me, but i'm sure i'll figure it out someday. :-)

Ja mata!! しつれいします

3 comments:

satoza said...

What does "funkyuu" mean? Is thi Japanese?

"Watashi no koronbia wa daigakusei desu" mean "My Columbia is college student," but the guy laughed, which means GOOD!

ai said...

そのレストランではなにをたべましたか?おすしですか?

Satomi said...

I'm a TA who visited your class last Tuesday.

I found a lot of Japanese restaurant run by Chinese and they have strange (Americanized?) japanese food. but anyway, I'm happy that non-Japanese people like japanese food.